|Character Profile||List of appearances|
Sam arrived in the village after being released from prison, having been falsely accused of arson. His imprisonment made Sam decide to study law at Hollyoaks Community College. However, he met daredevil Andy Holt, who slowly got him involved in the date rape of several women. This saw Sam arrested and sent to prison for a minimum of twenty-five years.
After being attacked in prison, Sam managed to escape from his hospital bed and went on the run for a month before returning to Hollyoaks, setting The Dog in the Pond ablaze. After dropping the lighter upon Calvin Valentine smashing a glass on his head, Sam caused an explosion which resulted in several deaths, including his own.
In 2001, Sam's girlfriend, Jules's house was set alight, which resulted in the death of her younger brother. Sam was accused of starting the fire as Jules split up with Sam after she was pressured by her father into aborting the baby she had conceived with Sam. Sam ended up serving a three-year sentence for arson, despite claiming to be innocent. Upon his release, Sam began going by his middle name, "Liam".
Sam arrived in the village with his family in August 2004. He enrolled in Hollyoaks Community College, wanting to study law and began working as a waiter at Il Gnosh. Sam later secretly met up with Jules, wanting a reconciliation. When Russ Owen found out, he tried to warn Sam off Jules. Sam later caught Jules kissing Russ but refused to hear a bad word said against her, not believing her when she said that she kissed Russ, not the other way round. However, Jules later left when Sam told Russ about the abortion.
Soon afterwards, the villagers discovered that Sam had served a custodial sentence and the reason behind it. The village turned against Sam and Sam was nearly fired from his job at Il Gnosh by Tony Hutchinson. However, Sam was later proved to be innocent when it was revealed that Jules had started the fire to get back at her father, unaware that her brother was inside of the building. Sam's relationship with his father, Rob, became strained as a result and Rob left the village after his wife, Carrie, also turned against him. However, Sam and Rob later reconciled when Nicole and Russ convinced Sam to join them on an outing with Rob, and Rob saved Sam from injury when an accident occurred, which fixed their relationship.
Accomplice to & Attempted Rape
Sam decided to study law at Hollyoaks Community College, where he achieved a high score in his exams, and was offered a work placement in a high-powered law firm. He also attracted the attentions of Zara Morgan and Steph Dean, but took a shine to Sophie Burton.
- Mel Burton, 8th September 2006 - Killed when Sam set fire to The Dog in the Pond, which exploded.
- Sophie Burton, 8th September 2006 - Killed when Sam set fire to The Dog in the Pond, which exploded.
- Joe Spencer, 8th September 2006 - Killed when Sam set fire to The Dog in the Pond, which exploded.
- Olivia Johnson, 8th September 2006 - Killed when Sam set fire to The Dog in the Pond, which exploded.
- O.B., 8th September 2006 - Struck O.B. with a plank of wood as he attempted to rescue Sophie Burton from the fire at The Dog in the Pond.
|Prison||2001 to 2004|
|1 Oakdale Drive||2nd August 2004 to 1st March 2006|
|Prison||1st March 2006 to 3rd August 2006|
|Hollyoaks Community College Law Student||September 2004 to 1st March 2006|
|Waiter at Gnosh Village/Il Gnosh||2005 to 2006|
- Sam was axed by series producer David Hanson in 2005 at the conclusion of the 2005-06 Date Rape Storyline. The character was brought back by succeeding series producer Bryan Kirkwood in 2006, who killed off the character afterwards.