|Character Profile||List of appearances|
1995-1998: Feud with Rob and marriage to RuthEdit
Kurt was friends with Tony Hutchinson and Jambo Bolton and had his heart set on winning Natasha Andersen as his girlfriend. Tragedy struck before the two could really get together, and her death started a deadly feud with Rob Hawthorne.
He moved on to Ruth Osborne (Natasha's cousin), and after a rocky start to their relationship, they ended up getting married. As a result, Kurt and Ruth became icons for all teenagers in love, demonstrating that love can conquer all. Their decision to marry was provoked by the trouble Kurt had got himself into after injuring Spike. Kurt had caught Spike making a play for Ruth and, in his attempt to protect her, he pushed Spike, causing him to fall from the scaffolding. As a result, Kurt was accused of attempted murder and was certain that he would be found guilty. He took off to Hull, sensing that Ruth doubted his innocence.
After much soul-searching, Ruth and Kurt decided to call it a day. "I am going to let everyone get on with their lives. I am going to go away to grow up, so we can both work out what we really want…" Kurt said, and he left, promising Ruth that he would always be her friend. Tragically, just six months after saying goodbye, he was killed in a jet ski accident. Lucy later found out the accident had been caused by Rob but it turned out to have been a random hit and run and Rob had told people he killed him to look hard.
2013: Posthumous returnEdit
Kurt returned in Hollyoaks Later in 2013, fourteen years after his last appearance. He appeared as a vision in Tony Hutchinson's mind, and protecting his godson Harry Thompson, son of Tony from danger.
- Rob Hawthorne, 1996/1997 - Caused Rob to be pushed off a car park roof by drug dealers.
- Rob Hawthorne, 16th October 1997
- Rob Hawthorne, c.October 1998 - Attempted to drown Rob but changed his mind at the last second.
- Rob Hawthorne, 16th October 1998 - Pushed Rob off a boat and left him to drown in the middle of the ocean.
- Kate Patrick, December 1998 - Tried to drown her in a swimming pool.
- Kurt was one of the original characters created by Phil Redmond for the show.
- In June 2019, actor Jeremy Edwards revealed that the March 2000 storyline which saw Luke Morgan raped by Mark Gibbs, was originally created for Kurt. However, Jeremy turned down the storyline as he felt back then, the show wouldn't have been able to cover the storyline well enough.