|←2004 2005 2006→|
2005 was Hollyoaks's eleventh year of production.
After a full decade of running the show, both Jo Hallows and Phil Redmond decided to depart as executive producers - their final episode being the 10th anniversary episode. They were succeeded by David Hanson, who joined the programme in January and was credited from August as "producer".
Hallows and Redmond's part of the year saw the serial's fourth late night special, Hollyoaks: In Too Deep, aired in May 2005. It also saw the iconic pairing of Max Cunningham with his best friend O.B., both 'co-parenting' Max's orphaned brother Tom. Major storylines included Ali Taylor becoming a victim of racial abuse by classmate Macki, the marriage of Tony Hutchinson and Mandy Richardson, and the introduction of Tony's cousin Dominic Reilly, whom he would discover was actually his brother.
David Hanson joining the programme saw a large number of post-watershed spin-offs commissioned. With the remaining members of the Davies and Hunter families axed, Ben Davies and Lisa Hunter were moved into spin-off series Hollyoaks: Let Loose, which aired from September to December 2005. Meanwhile, a date rape storyline involving Andy Holt became the focus of two four-episode mini-series; Hollyoaks: Crossing the Line, in September and Hollyoaks: No Going Back, in December.
- 11th January - Jack Osborne falls down the stairs of The Dog in the Pond cellar.
- 19th January - Zak Ramsey leaves the village after moving out of the student halls. (Last appearance of the character until 2006)
- 27th January - Joe Spencer is mugged by a gang of girls.
- 2nd February - Craig Dean visits his father, Johnno Dean, to express his anger about Johnno walking out on the Dean family. (First appearance of Johnno since 2004)
- 7th February - Darren Osborne returns from holidaying in Magaluf with a woman, Louise Summers. Abby Davies returns to the village. (First appearance of Louise Summers and first appearance of Abby Davies since 2004).
- 9th February - Scott Anderson is revealed to be behind the mysterious calls and texts to Darren Osborne. (First appearance of Scott since 2004)
- 10th February - Ben Davies, Russ Owen and Darren Osborne meet with a group of loan sharks to pay off Darren's debt, and are horrified to discover that one of the loan sharks is Scott Anderson. The trio are then kidnapped by Scott and his thugs.
- 11th February - Tony Hutchinson and Mandy Richardson marry whilst holidaying in Rome. Ben Davies and Russ Owen are freed from the clutches of Scott Anderson, but whilst Scott attacks Darren Osborne, he is arrested by police. (Final appearance of Scott)
- 24th February - Lisa Hunter is diagnosed with chlamydia.
- 28th February - Russ Owen is diagnosed with testicular cancer.
- 4th March - After deciding to drop out of Hollyoaks Community College, Stuart Harding returns to the United States. (Final appearance of the character)
- 11th March - Jake Dean proposes to Becca Hayton, who accepts.
- 15th March - Jake Dean is diagnosed with chlamydia after contracting the STD from Lisa Hunter.
- 16th March - Russ, Nicole and Sam Owen's estranged father, Rob Owen, turns up on their doorstep unexpectedly. (First appearance of Rob)
- 25th March - After realising that she has nothing left in the village, Ellie Hunter writes a goodbye letter to her family before leaving the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 28th March - Tom Cunningham sets O.B.'s fireworks alight in the house. The explosion causes O.B. to fall down the stairs, and a fire to start inside the house.
- 29th March - Ben Davies saves Tom Cunningham from the fire at the Cunninghams' house, jumping out of a second-storey window just before the room explodes.
- 1st April - Tom Cunningham runs away from home.
- 8th April - The missing Tom Cunningham is found by Mandy Hutchinson. Will Davies returns to the village to visit his son, Ben. (First appearance of the character since 2004)
- 12th April - After being convinced by his son, Ben, to return to London, Will Davies leaves the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 18th April - New Hollyoaks Community College student Jeremy Peterson arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 2nd May - Mandy Hutchinson discovers that she is pregnant.
- 20th May - The chemistry lab at Hollyoaks High School explodes after Stephen Mackintosh turns on the gas taps and starts a fire.
- 31st May - Steph Dean is confronted by the ghost of Michelle Reid, one of Toby Mills's murder victims who was murdered in July 2003, as well as Michelle's boyfriend, Simon Maloney. During the confrontation, Steph falls off the bridge and nearly drowns. Michelle's undiscovered body rises to the surface of the river.
- 1st June - Justin Burton is attacked by Stephen Mackintosh.
- 6th July - Becca Hayton's sister, Nancy Hayton, arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 12th July - After being kicked out by Lee Hunter, Stacey Foxx departs the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 14th July - Mel Burton is arrested for breaking into her old home, and resisting arrest.
- 22nd July - Tony Hutchinson is arrested for assaulting Connor. Johnno Dean leaves the village. (Last appearance of the character until 2017)
- 29th July - Liz Burton is arrested for indecent exposure.
- 8th August - Andy Holt arrives as a student at Hollyoaks Community College. (First appearance of the character)
- 12th August - Ali Taylor is attacked by Stephen Mackintosh and his gang.
- 17th August - Jack Osborne re-proposes to Frankie Dean, who accepts.
- 18th August - During a confrontation, Stephen Mackintosh attempts to hit Ali Taylor with a brick, but Ali instinctively stabs Macki in the stomach with a knife. Whilst fleeing the scene, Ali is struck by a car.
- 19th August - Ali Taylor dies from his injuries sustained after being hit by a car, whilst Macki dies from his stab wound. (Final appearance of Ali)
- 25th August - Becca Hayton marries Jake Dean and Frankie Dean marries Jack Osborne in a double wedding ceremony. Debbie Dean returns for the wedding. (First appearance of the character since 2004)
- 26th August - Justin Burton is arrested for Macki's murder. Debbie Dean leaves the village after the wedding reception. (Last appearance of Debbie until 2006)
- 5th September - Ali Taylor's funeral takes place.
- 7th September - The Dog in the Pond is burgled, but the burglar is interrupted and apprehended by Steph Dean.
- 8th September - Dannii Carbone is raped by Andy Holt after he spikes her drink with GHB.
- 9th September - Tony Hutchinson's cousin, Dominic Reilly, arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 12th September - Jenny Blackman jilts Gareth Pullman at the altar upon discovering that he has been unfaithful.
- 14th September - Tony Hutchinson learns that his cousin, Dominic Reilly, is actually his brother.
- 19th September - Tony Hutchinson's mother Victoria returns to the village to confirm Dominic Reilly's paternity. (First appearance of Victoria since 2001)
- 20th September - After telling Tony Hutchinson and Dominic Reilly the truth behind Dom's parentage, Victoria Hutchinson leaves the village. (Final appearance of Victoria)
- 26th September - Ben Davies meets with his son, Arthur, after almost a year. (First appearance of Arthur since 2004)
- 27th September - Lee Hunter and Bombhead meet Rhys Ashworth's sister, Hannah Ashworth. (First appearance of the character)
- 28th September - Rhys and Hannah Ashworth's brother, Josh Ashworth, arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 30th September - Suzanne and Neville Ashworth move into 2 Oakdale Drive. (First appearance of the characters)
- 3rd October - Olivia Johnson and Jessica Harris arrive to study at Hollyoaks Community College. (First appearance of the characters)
- 4th October - Rhys Ashworth's best friend, Gilly Roach, arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 11th October - Rhys Ashworth and Gilly Roach meet cheerleader Sarah Barnes. (First appearance of the character)
- 18th October - Mandy Hutchinson goes into labour two months early, which the doctors attempt to delay.
- 21st October - Justin Burton is arrested for the murder of Stephen Mackintosh, whilst Mel Burton and Nicole Owen are arrested for assisting an offender. Louise Summers has her drink spiked with GHB by Andy Holt. Mandy Hutchinson gives birth to a daughter, whom she and husband Tony Hutchinson name Grace. Hannah Ashworth introduces Sarah Barnes to her cousin, Fletch. (First appearances of Grace Hutchinson and Fletch)
- 4th November - Sally and Les Hunter leave the village for Cyprus. (Final appearances of the characters)
- 7th November - Alex Harrison is arrested on suspicion of the rape of Ash.
- 14th November - Justin Burton's trial for the murder of Stephen Mackintosh begins. Amy and Kathy Barnes arrive in the village. (First appearance of the characters)
- 18th November - Justin Burton is found not guilty of the murder of Stephen Mackintosh.
- 21st November - After his affair is publicly exposed, Richard Taylor leaves the village. (Final appearance of the character)
- 2nd December - After attending his father's wedding, Bombhead decides to leave the village and move in with him. (Last appearance of Bombhead until 2010)
- 5th December - Mel and Sophie Burton are drugged by Andy Holt. Mel is raped by Andy, and he leaves Sophie for Sam Owen, but Sam refuses to rape her.
- 9th December - Freddy Watson sets fire to the Hollyoaks Community College media lab.
- 22nd December - Zara Morgan and Lee Hunter leave the village for Thailand. (Last appearance of Lee until 2010 and Zara until 2021)
- 26th December - Clare Devine is hired as The Loft's event supervisor. (First appearance of the character)
- 30th December - Mel Burton collapses from alcohol poisoning.
Real life events
- 3rd January - Channel 4 begins airing "first look" episodes of Hollyoaks on E4.
- 6th February - The final episode of Hollyoaks: On The Pull is aired.
- 7th May - Jodi Albert (Debbie Dean) wins "Sexist Female" at the British Soap Awards.
- 5th September - The first episode of Hollyoaks: Crossing the Line is aired.
- 8th September - The final episode of Hollyoaks: Crossing the Line is aired.
- 12th September - The first episode of Hollyoaks: Let Loose is aired.
- 17th October - Hollyoaks introduces a new title sequence.
- 12th December - The final episode of Hollyoaks: Let Loose is aired.
See also: Category:2005 debuts.
See also: Category:2005 returns.
See also: Category:2005 departures.
See also: Category:2005 episodes.
- Special episode.
|←2004 2005 2006→|