|←1999 2000 2001→|
2000 was Hollyoaks's sixth year of production.
2000 marked a darker year of Hollyoaks in terms of storylines, seeing viewing figures soar to nearly 5,000,000 as Hollyoaks transmitted the first ever male rape storyline in a British soap opera, with Luke Morgan's rape at the hands of Mark Gibbs during the show's first ever late night special. The storyline gathered strong media attention - both positive and negative - as well as an award win for actor Gary Lucy as "best newcomer".
2000 also saw the debut of Matt Musgrove, a character that had appeared in Brookside from 1998 to 2000 - marking the first ever instance of a character being a regular in two separate British soap operas. Other stories included Adam Morgan being falsely accused of sexually harassing his teacher, Sol Patrick living on the streets and falling for prostitute Jess Holt, Jill Osborne dying from an inoperable brain tumour, Cindy Cunningham taking her daughter and fleeing from social services, and the departure of central characters Lucy Benson and Carol Groves.
Hollyoaks held its first ever open auditions, documented in Hollyoaks: Casting Special in October 2000. The auditions saw the castings of Marcus Patric as Ben Davies and Andrew Somerville as Theo Sankofa in the London auditions, Elize du Toit as Izzy Cornwell in the Edinburgh auditions, and Lesley Johnston as Laura Burns in the Belfast auditions.
- 4th January - Dylan Jenkins is born.
- 6th January - Luke Morgan is viciously assaulted in an attack by Stephen MacGregor and his friends.
- 10th January - Nikki Sullivan awakens from her coma.
- 24th January - Lucy Benson leaves the village to go travelling around the world, leaving behind boyfriend Tony Hutchinson who changes his mind about leaving at the last minute. (Final appearance of the character)
- 26th January - Jade Albright is born.
- 7th February - After being caught kissing her student Adam Morgan, Christine Woodhead falsely accuses him of sexual assault. Finn's houseboat sinks.
- 9th February - Alex Bell accidentally sets fire to the Hall of Residence when he leaves the oven on.
- 16th February - Ruth Osborne and Mandy Richardson meet Hall of Residence caretaker Matt Musgrove, who has gotten lost on his first day. (First appearance of the character in Hollyoaks; the character had previously appeared in Brookside)
- 28th February - Nico Blake and Peri Lomax are born.
- 8th March - Zara Morgan meets and befriends Steph Dean in school. (First appearance of Steph)
- 15th March - Luke Morgan is raped by Mark Gibbs. O.B. sets Max Cunningham up on a date with Chloe Bruce. (First appearance of Chloe)
- 23rd March - Dan Sanders proposes to Nikki Sullivan via a radio dedication, and she accepts. Tony Hutchinson's mother, Victoria, arrives in the village suddenly - and is revealed to be Finn's secret girlfriend! (First appearance of Victoria)
- 29th March - Dan Sanders re-proposes to Nikki Sullivan, who accepts.
- 6th April - Geri Hudson arrives at a chalet in Switzerland with her friends, only to find her mother, Jacqui, has invited herself on the holiday. (First appearance of Jacqui)
- 12th April - Nikki Sullivan and Dan Sanders marry. After the wedding, Dan goes missing after falling down a ski slope during a fight with Sam Smallwood.
- 13th April - Dan Sanders is revealed to be alive, but he flees without saying goodbye to anyone. Zara Morgan starts a fire inside Hollyoaks High School.
- 17th April - New The Review editor Taylor James interviews Tony Hutchinson to write a negative article on him.
- 19th April - Whilst living on the streets, Sol Patrick meets prostitute Jess Holt. (First appearance of Jess)
- 24th April - Sol Patrick is hospitalised after being attacked by Jess Holt's pimp, Steve.
- 26th April - Kate Patrick returns to the village after learning of her brother, Sol's hospitalisation. (First appearance of the character since 1999)
- 27th April - Ruth Osborne discovers that she is pregnant.
- 15th May - Luke Morgan, intending to take his own life, is seriously injured when he crashes his car into a skip bin.
- 18th May - Ruth Osborne aborts her and Lewis Richardson's baby.
- 22nd May - O.B. finds Cindy Cunningham's ex-boyfriend, Sean Tate, and Sean is angrily confronted by Max Cunningham over the money he stole from Cindy's daughter, Holly Cunningham. (First appearance of Sean since 1999)
- 5th June - Harley Frater is born.
- 14th June - Luke Morgan reports Mark Gibbs to the police for rape.
- June - Jill Osborne is diagnosed with a brain tumour.
- 2nd July - Sylver McQueen is found guilty of the murder of Vinnie and receives a prison sentence. He would later be released in 2018.
- 6th July - Beth Morgan leaves for France to become an exchange student. (Last appearance of Beth until 2001)
- 24th July - Yasmine Maalik is born.
- 17th August - Mandy Richardson is arrested for being drunk whilst in charge of a motor vehicle.
- 21st August - Ben Davies arrives in the village, leaving both Cindy Cunningham and Mandy Richardson smitten. (First appearance of the character)
- 7th September - Mark Gibbs goes missing.
- 11th September - Mark Gibbs is arrested for breaching his bail conditions.
- 21st September - New lifeguard Izzy Cornwell arrives in the village. (First appearance of the character)
- 28th September - Nikki Sullivan and Sam Smallwood decide to start a new life elsewhere, leaving the village without telling Sam's girlfriend, Anna Green. (Final appearance of the characters)
- 5th October - Jill Osborne dies of a brain tumour.
- 12th October - Sol visits his mother chapel of rest (final appearance of Jill).
- 23rd October - Mark Gibbs's trial for the rape of Luke Morgan begins.
- 25th October - Holly Cunningham swallows an ecstasy tablet, which she finds in The Loft.
- 26th October - Holly Cunningham is found collapsed by her mother, Cindy, after taking an ecstasy pill. Taylor James is attacked by Lorraine Wilson's guards. Mark Gibbs is found guilty of the rape of Luke Morgan, and is sentenced to eight years imprisonment.
- 30th October - Cindy Cunningham accidentally hits Anna Green with Tony Hutchinson's car on the way to the airport with her daughter, Holly, to flee from social services. In the panic, Cindy leaves Anna for dead and leaves the village for Spain. (Last appearance of Cindy & Holly until 2002)
- 1st November - Jill Osborne's funeral takes place.
- 2nd November - After her mother's funeral service, Kate Patrick says her goodbyes to her family and friends. (Final appearance of the character).
- 16th November - After being thrown out by his sister, Darren Osborne leaves to live in America (Last appearance of the character until 2003).
- 30th November - Finn proposes to Victoria Hutchinson who accepts, Finn then books the Wedding and stag do right away.
- 20th November - Lily Drinkwell is born.
- 18th December - Victoria Hutchinson and Finn marry.
Real life events
- 15th April - Ijaz Rana (Imran Maalik) is born.
- 22nd April - Billy Price (Sid Sumner) is born.
- 27th May - Gary Lucy (Luke Morgan) wins "Best Newcomer" at the British Soap Awards.
- 5th July - Hollyoaks: Access All Areas is transmitted.
- 21st July - Hollyoaks: Luke's Secret Diary and Hollyoaks: Lives and Loves of Finn are published.
- 23rd October - Hollyoaks: Casting Special is transmitted.
- 26th October - Ruby O'Donnell (Peri Lomax) is born.
See also: Category:2000 debuts.
See also: Category:2000 returns.
|Kate Patrick||Natasha Symms||26th April 2000|
|Sean Tate||Daniel Pape||22nd May 2000|
See also: Category:2000 departures.
See also: Category:2000 episodes.
- Special episode.
- Bumper episode.
|←1999 2000 2001→|